We think good services for children begin and end with listening to children
Our contribution is to:
- support young people to be ‘resilient’ and communities to ‘keep their children safe ‘
- inspire agencies to ‘go the extra mile’ - by representing to them the impact of the quality and scope of their activities on individual children, families and communities
- ‘assist agencies to improve the quality of their services - through advocacy and service and systems consultancy, and
- ‘take the frontline message to central government’ about the challenges of safeguarding children in this economic and social climate
We do this through our services:
Community Education Service
Empowering communities to safeguard their children - work with community groups and their service users to identify needs and tailor workshops to address these, including assisting communities to develop their members’ motivation and confidence to engage with statutory child protection services.
Active Listening Programme
Promoting young people’s life-chances - an advocacy service for teenagers struggling with the impact of past or current abuse and neglect; and provision of regular work placements for young people.
Victim Support Service, Serious Case Review Family Involvement & Support Package
Advocating for families involved in court proceedings or who have lost a child through neglect or abuse, legal casework for children/families and facilitation of family engagement in serious case and domestic homicide reviews.
Challenging and supporting child protection services to improve their service delivery - expert case work or review assessments, analysis and interventions, a community engagement strategy, tailored training for professionals, regular social work practice placements.
Campaigning at a national level for improvements in child protection policy and practice, hosting a national conference every five years taking stock of improvements in UK child protection.
... and our specialist programme:
Protecting children across culture and faith
- Harmful practices linked to faith or belief; witchcraft and spirit possession, FGM, Radicalism
- Trafficked children
- Child Sexual Abuse